Kulturbetrieb Arnstadt

General information and History

  • Print
  • Email

Since 1842 when, on the orders of Günther Friedrich Karl II, the royal hippodrome was converted into a theatre, the Palace garden theatre has experienced through the years many highs and lows and was even threatened with closure.

Sometimes with its own ensemble, but usually relying of theatre troupes from elsewhere, it has established itself as a constant big player in the cultural life of the Ilm region. In 1995, after comprehensive renovation and restoration, it was re-opened and since then it has provided a versatile, varied and appealing palette of events, which attract the interest of its visitors and give them an entertaining, stimulating and enjoyable time.

Further information can be found on the Theatre’s website: www.theater-arnstadt.de